ADULT PAINTING WORKSHOPS
If you desire for your paintings to evoke the drama, vibrancy, and emotion, Tim Chambers’ outdoor workshops could be exactly what you need. Get ready for an experience that will open your eyes to the beauty that is often missed. You’ll discover how to see and add the pizazz and subtleties of nature.
Having studied directly under American Impressionist Henry Hensche in direct lineage with Monet and the French Impressionists, Tim is one of the few painters that understand true color in nature. He makes learning fun, as his students will attest to his joy and enthusiasm for helping others to see and respond to beauty. Tim is easygoing and genuinely cares for his students. We all have a good time together! Contact the studio if you’re interested in Tim leading a workshop in your favorite place, whether in your town or a favorite vacation spot.
A typical outdoor workshop runs 1 to 5 days, following the format below:
- Day 1
- Morning: Introduction, Block study still-life, demonstration
- Lunchtime: Q&A from morning personal critiques
- Afternoon: Still-life or simple landscape, demonstration
- Day 2
- Morning: Simple still-life (possibly monochromatic if new or rusty)
- Lunchtime: Discussion on principles of color
- Afternoon: Landscape
- Day 3
- Morning: Landscape (or still-life if preferred)
- Lunchtime: discussion on principles of color schemes, composition, values
- Afternoon: Landscape, demonstration
- Day 4
- Morning: Landscape (or continue still-life)
- Lunchtime: Group critique
- Afternoon: Landscape
Morning and afternoon sessions are 3 hours each (e.g. 9-12, 1-4), with a one-hour lunchtime. Students are free to go off on their own for lunchtime or to stay and participate in the lunchtime discussion.
Students receive gentle, encouraging, challenging one-one-one instruction from Tim in addition to the group instruction.
For portrait workshops, substitute live portrait sessions for landscape and still-life sessions.
Workshop tuition generally runs $125/day. Some destinations may incur a higher fee to cover Tim’s travel expenses and/or venue expense. Portrait workshops incur a modest model fee, split equally among participants.
Age range: mature 12 year-olds to any adult, up to…well, as young as you want to be. :)
Workshop space is limited, accommodating 8-15 students to maintain a high level of individualized instruction.