Bring your sunscreen and join Tim at Positive Strokes Art School in summer 2012 for the 2nd annual portrait workshop. The workshop will take place both outdoors (morning sessions/weather-dependent) and indoors (afternoon sessions) and will focus on:
- Understanding the purpose/concept of the portrait
- Proportions of the face and torso
- Recognizing big shapes/masses; Achieving a likeness
- How to draw the different features (eyes, nose, mouth, ears
- Seeing outdoor color (fascinating!!!!)
- Keying a painting outdoors
- How to lay-in (begin) your portrait
- Bringing the portrait to finish (highlights and accents; giving ‘punch!’ to your painting
- Optional (time permitting): Q&A re photographing for portrait reference.
- A material list and palette arrangement available upon sign up. All mediums welcome.
- We’ll be working from a live model during both sessions.
Fee includes model fees. To register, please call Positive Strokes Art School at (847) 705-7130 to be placed on the class roster. You must then confirm your registration with your payment within a week of your phone registration or your space will be given to another student. Classes are filled on a first come, first serve basis. The school is located in Palatine, Illinois. Click here for driving directions.