122 W Main St
Berryville, VA 22611
Have you ever wondered how the Impressionists saw such beauty? Join renown artist Timothy Chambers for his exciting, inspiring, mind-blowing True Colors painting workshop at his studio in quaint Berryville, Virginia. Tim is offering his True Colors workshops this summer (June, August, and September) to help students gain a good grasp of color and painting this summer.
Beginner and experienced students will enjoy and benefit from the workshop. Tim promises a great time. :)
In three morning (9a-12p) sessions, Tim will show you how to see, mix, and paint the true colors of nature. Tim takes his students from average color (the kind everyone sees) to amazing! color as he shares insights from years of painting the outdoors. Tim is an original student of American Impressionist Henry Hensche, having spent summers at the Cape School of Art in Provincetown.
Once Tim unveils the color that’s there for you to see, you’ll never see the world as anything short of miraculous, amazing, inspiring again!
Workshop description: Tim offers group and one-on-one guidance on recognizing and painting true color, insights on design and composition, using value ranges for drama and emotion, knowing when a painting is complete, and helps for more accurate draftsmanship. You’ll learn how to recognize the amazing color nuances in nature, how to mix paints to achieve those colors, how to capture the essence of hot sunlight, subtle shadows, overcast skies. You’ll also learn tips on visualization, using contrast, edges, texture, and color to achieve a three-dimensional quality to your work. You’ll enjoy Tim’s kind, engaging, encouraging, effective instruction. Join us for a memorable workshop.
Workshop agenda: Students will be painting still-lifes outdoors, moving from simple to complex setups. If you’ve attended a previous True Color Workshop, then Tim will have you begin where you left off, what best serves you. Each morning you will begin a new still-life painting. In case of variable weather (sunny/cloud cover), you will work on two paintings- one for when the sun prevails and another for when the clouds hide the sun (no worries- it’s a lot of fun!).
- Click here to view a printable supply list and/or a prepared shopping cart. My list consists of oil colors, but please feel free to use your preferred medium, and whatever brand paint you have or like.
- We will do three paintings- one each morning. Bring five canvas or hardboard panels, approximately 11×14″, ready for painting. Details on the supply list.
- If you don’t have an easel, we do have a few available.
- We will be working outdoors in sun and/or shade, so dress for comfort and sun protection. Wear neutral colors (bright colors reflect unfavorably into your paint surface).
Workshop dates and fees:
- June (closed)
- August (closed)
- September Dates TBD 9a-noon $150
- * Tim offers tuition-assistance and scholarships for students who could use a little help. :)
Registration and payment: Please click here to reserve your space on our Facebook Events page. You can pay with credit or PayPal via the button below or with cash or check (payable to Tim Chambers) at the first session or send a check in advance to Chambers Studio, 122 W. Main St., Berryville, VA 22611.
Questions? Contact the studio and we’ll be happy to answer any questions. Hope to see you this summer!