122 W Main St
Berryville, VA 22611
Have you ever wondered how the Impressionists saw such beauty? Join renown artist Timothy Chambers for his exciting, inspiring, mind-blowing True Colors painting workshop at his studio in Berryville, Virginia. Tim is offering three True Colors workshops this summer (June, July, and August) so students can maximize their understanding of color and painting this summer.
Both brand new beginners and experienced pros will enjoy and benefit from the workshop. Tim promises a great time. :)
In three morning (9a-12p) sessions, Tim will show you how to see, mix, and paint the true colors of nature. Tim takes his students from average color (the kind everyone sees) to amazing! color as he shares insights from years of painting the outdoors. Tim is an original student of American Impressionist Henry Hensche, having spent summers at the Cape School of Art in Provincetown.
Once Tim unveils the color that’s there for you to see, you’ll never see the world as anything short of miraculous, amazing, inspiring again!
Workshop description: Tim has helped open the eyes of hundreds of students to see the beauty of natural color. In this fun workshop, Tim offers group and one-on-one guidance to help you learn to see and paint true color as well as share insights on design, knowing when a painting is complete, tricks for more accurate draftsmanship and values. You’ll learn how Tim recognizes the amazing color nuances in nature, how to mix paints to achieve those colors, how to capture the essence of hot sunlight, subtle shadows, overcast skies. You’ll also learn tips on composition, visualization, using contrast, edges, texture, and color to achieve a three-dimensional quality to your work. Join us for a memorable workshop. You’ll enjoy Tim’s kind, engaging, encouraging, effective instruction.
- Click here to view a printable supply list and/or a prepared shopping cart. My list consists of oil colors, but please feel free to use your preferred medium, and whatever brand paint you have or like.
- We will do three paintings- one each morning. Bring four (one spare) canvas or hardboard panels, approximately 11×14″, ready for painting. Details on the supply list.
- If you don’t have an easel, we do have a few available.
- We will be working outdoors in sun and/or shade, so dress for comfort and sun protection. Wear neutral colors (bright colors reflect unfavorably into your paint surface).
Workshop dates and fees:
- June 25-27 (M, T, W) 9a-noon $150
- July TBD 9a-noon $175*
- August TBD 9a-noon $175*
Pay with cash or check (payable to Chambers Studio) at the first session.
*Attend a previous workshop and save $25 off your next workshop :)
Questions? Contact the studio and we’ll be happy to answer any questions. Hope to see you this summer!