Timothy Chambers is available for professional advice, offering consultation to collectors and coaching to artists. You will benefit from a life steeped in art, having learned from his father and other American masters before establishing his own successful career. Tim can provide astute professional guidance to aspiring and professional artists in way of advice, instruction and critique, as well as helping others with questions regarding securing commissioned work. caring for their art collection, design, and more.
Consulting fees are billed at $100.00/hour, which includes a free initial email conversation regarding your topic and Tim’s means of addressing your needs/questions. Once an approach is agreed upon, a meeting is set up using telephone, email, Skype, or web conference (live). If Tim cannot help you, there is no fee. However, chances are he’ll provide you with more than you expected in terms of solutions to whatever it is that you’re seeking answers to.
Critiques and/or meetings can be recorded for your review later, as often as you wish, at your convenience!
A sampling of topics Tim has addressed:
- Critique of your work (in-progress or completed)
- Consists of a live or recorded critique of your work, with an overlay of Tim’s suggestions, corrections, and pointing out the strengths of the work as well as suggesting areas for improvement.
- Getting inspired- practical advice on motivation
- Advice on how to teach art
- Portrait procedure
- Lighting and setup for portraiture
- Photographing your subjects or your work
- Preparation of supports for various mediums
- Technique in pencil, charcoal, pastel, oil mediums
- Professionalism as an artist
- Tools of the trade, including traveling with art materials
- Best practices in use of materials
- Design and construction of an art studio
- For non-artists (but lovers of art!):
- proper care of your collected works
- criteria for selecting a portrait artist to assure a pleasant experience
- selecting the proper frame for a work of art
- inviting an artist for a demonstration/talk event
- and many more topics. Just ask!
If you would like to set up a meeting with Mr. Chambers, simply use the form below. You will be contacted via email to confirm your meeting. Tim will do all he can to help you accomplish what you set out to do.